Sunday 24 January 2010

Bizzaro world of the Church of Atheiology

I had the misfortune, though we learn from our sufferings, to come across 'Nerdstock 2009' on someone else's telly - some kind of godless Christmas event, billed as "a variety show featuring a stellar cast of comedians, musicians and scientists". The assembled product however is not so much stellar as Trans Neptunian Object (See below).

The funniest thing (and believe me this is funnier than the comedians on stage) about Dawkins and his crowd is their inability to see how they have unwittingly created their own religion, with its own dogma, its own legends of martyred saints, its own insulating comforts and it's own slightly paranoid sense of superiority.

Thus we get this strange and empty celebration, abysmal music (some of the worst songs I've ever heard), unfunny comics, some pat-yourself-on-the-back-for-being-so-clever crap, one or two decent moments (I admit I quite like the rapper and the guy reading stories he wrote as a young boy) but generally a bunch of bollocks.

Still, watch it for yourself if you don't believe me.

Eight Trans Neptunian Objects, that the Lord made

No comments: