Sunday 20 November 2011

Mystic Mike: mate, your crystal ball needs polishing

Apparently we're going to join the Euro after all. Michael Heseltine said so. I'm not quite sure why he thinks this or if he indeed does actually think this. It sounds like desperate wishful thinking, but what I resent is the condescension:
"People have no idea of the scale of money British banks are owed by European banks. If the European banks start going it will be our banks that are on the line, our government on the line."
Personally, if he's trying to scare me, he better try harder. Our government on the line? Cool. Fuck 'em. Who needs that bunch of chisling crooks anyway? Put the Duke of Edinburgh in charge for a while. At least he may sort out the looming energy crisis.

4 comments:

Angry Exile said...

Put the Duke of Edinburgh in charge for a while.

You sure? He is Greek after all.

Anonymous said...

I could not help but wonder how old Heseltine is now? He is perhaps of an age when we might politely smile at the stories then discreetly ask the nurse to up the medication.

Trooper Thompson said...

AE,

I'm not totally sure, no. I just like the idea of open season on windfarms.

SA,

if he thinks we're joining the Euro, I'd guess his medication is pretty high already!

Trooper Thompson said...

Andy,

I agree with your view of them, but I don't think either, especially Hes, cares much what we want.